What is a pelvic health occupational therapist?
As an occupational therapist I love that I can support women in their pelvic health! Therapy involves taking a holistic perspective, which includes your physical, emotional, psychological well-beings role in your therapy process. As an occupational therapist I can work in collaboration with your team which may consist of a physiotherapist, chiropractor, personal trainer, kinesiologist, physician, or doula, to name a few.
Did you know that there has been a strong link between your emotions and pelvis? Your health journey is your story, I am just here to empower, educate and support you because life is hard enough without experiencing pelvic challenges.
Visit Healthology Consulting Pelvic Health Instagram
Who can seek out a pelvic health occupational therapist?
Currently Healthology is focused on supporting women and children.
What types of conditions do I work with?
- Pelvic Pain
- Pelvic Organ Prolapse (POP)
- Prenatal and Postnatal Care
- Painful Sex
- Bowel or Bladder Incontinence
- Diastasis Recti
- Complex Pediatric Toilet Training
What to expect?
The session involves understanding your story and history. If comfortable, the initial assessment consists of understanding your medical history and may have a postural and movement assessment.
As I learn your unique needs I will provide you education and a at home program that may include breathing strategies, exercise, habit and environmental adaptations. This is your therapy meaning we move at the speed you are comfortable. Some sessions consist of talk therapy, whereas others will have more of a physical component.
When can I come see you?
- Pregnancy: You can come see me prior to becoming pregnant, while pregnant, or 6 weeks after delivery.
- Surgery: if you are considering a surgery such as repair for a prolapse or hysterectomy, it is beneficial to see a pelvic health therapist prior to start developing and learning the strategies.
- Or at anytime you are experiencing any of the above symptoms.
Where do services take place?
Services take place at the clinic or by virtual services through teletherapy. Healthology is committed to following current COVID-19 protocols at all times.